Cardiff University of South Wales
The University of South Wales’ (USW) reputation for working closely with industry has extended into our Events department, where we provide a professional and flexible event venue in South Wales, with campuses in Cardiff, Pontypridd and Newport.
We host events for 800 delegates and we have 500 bedrooms during Summer. Our team also provides a full event management service.
Enquire about this Venue
Location and transport information
|USW Pontypridd Conference centre - A dedicated, purpose-built conference centre just 20 minutes from the capital city.USW Cardiff Atrium campus - Based in the heart of the capital city, the USW Atrium campus is a few minutes’ walk from the main shopping arcades, theatres, and Cardiff’s café quarter and just five-minutes from Cardiff Central Station.
USW Newport Campus - In the heart of the city, adjacent to the Friars Walk shopping centre with its numerous bars and restaurants.
|Summary of facilities and capacities
|Year round anytime
|Theatre style (maximum)
|Cabaret style (maximum)
|Exam style (maximum)
|Boardroom style (maximum)
|Exhibition space (sq metres)
|Banquets & formal dinner (maximum)
|Hotel style bedrooms (max)
|University style bedrooms (max)
|Meeting room only rates from
|B&B rates from
Unique Selling Points
· 3 main campuses plus additional large sport facilities (used by National sports teams)
· All venues in walking distance to train stations.
· Max 800 theatre style in a sports hall setting
· Mainly modern flexible venues, coupled with alternative traditional impressive buildings.
· Accommodation with bar/nightclub/shop on same campus
· Dedicated Conference Centre with 11 rooms (max capacity 220 theatre style) just 20 mins from Cardiff City Centre
· Roof Terrace for up to 60 delegates overlooking Newport Riverfront, perfect for BBQ or drinks receptions in the summer
· Outdoor patio area with grass surround for summer networking, BBQ, Street food festival – overlooking the South Wales Valleys
· Ground Floor of Newport & Cardiff Campus has hosted numerous fashion shows, Exhibitions, Networking events, Award ceremonies and Ambassador dinners.
The University has the following facilities across all three campuses (Cardiff, Newport and Pontypridd)
Our facilities are so varied and flexible and have been designed to be a blank canvas ready to be transformed into a unique event space. The types of events we hold include:
Using the facilities at the USW Newport Campus has been a game changer for us. Bringing our colleagues away from the office and into a spacious, modern environment has allowed us to truly achieve out learning objectives in the most positive way
Lisa Richards - Newport City Homes, Cardiff
I would describe USW Newport City Campus as a first class environment for learning and working. The Board Room, situated on the top floor of the building, is well equipped and enjoys the most wonderful panoramic views. Add it this to exception levels of customer service from the events team, then you have an impressive offering.
Kevin Christie - Consultant, Cardiff