Who we are
Academic Venue Solutions is a not-for-profit marketing consortium that promotes the meeting spaces and accommodation avaialble at academic venues to event organisers looking for facilities for a range of events. Our company number is 1609919 and registered address is 3 Thorncliffe Hall Annex, Thorncliffe Park, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35 2PH.
What personal information do we collect and how do we collect it?
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title, company details, contact information including email address, telephone number
- Demographic information such as address and postcode
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers, communication preferences
- Computer or device information (eg your IP address and operating system)
- Registration information, including your password and other expressed preferences
The data we collect may have come from various sources including:
- Existing customer database
- Existing supplier database
- Website form submissions
- Purchased from reputable GDPR compliant list broker
- Verbal agreement
In addition, may use publically available and website sources, like LinkedIn, or marketing lists from carefully selected data suppliers. The UK's data protection law allows the use of personal data where the benefits (or legitimate interests) of doing so outweigh the possible negative implications for the relevant individuals. If you object to us using these grounds you can do so at any time by contacting us.
How we collect and use our member venue information
Key personnel at our member venues will receive details about membership and the consorium, the list is not limited to, but includes:
- Details about networking events, meetings, conference, exhibitions and the AGM.
- Sales and marketing opportunities by Academic Venue Solutions or other products and services that we feel will be of interest to membership and where preferential rates are offered as part of the membership to Academic Venue Solutions.
- Venues can book activities and services online and may be requested to provide but not limited to; their name and job title, company details, contact information including email address.
- Information about our venues and key personnel is stored securely, any changes to the details should be sent to email@example.com.
We may use your information for the following purposes
- We share your personal information with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested. Such as processing enquiry details, including correspondence between us and our venues where you have contacted us through any of our services including; email, telephone, website etc. The venues would then use the information to provide you with quotations and contracts related to your enquiry.
- Administration of our digital channels, including in respect of our registered users, who may also store personal details online to easily access and apply details when booking an activity through our website.
- Administration and management of our competitions, promotions and prize draws – you should check the applicable terms and conditions of the competition, promotion or prize draw for further information.
- Sending you communications about our member venues and our services that we think may be of interest to you. With your permission or there is a legitimate interest, we and our member venues will keep you informed of news and offers, and events.
- Business, website and consumer analysis and reporting.
- Where you book one of our venues, we may ask you to provide the more information. For example why booked a venue, the venue may ask you to provide further details such as address, job title etc.
- We may process information relating to bookings our venues make, such as bank details, contact details, or transaction data in relation to payments made by us to you or by you to us. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying or receiving and administering the relevant services and keeping proper records of those transactions, and for making and receiving payments.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data that you disclose online and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default. Where necessary, and in common with other websites and apps, we use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to ensure that personal information provided to us is not visible to anybody else when in transit between your computer and our servers. You can tell when SSL is in use by the presence of a small padlock symbol in the status bar of your web browser.
In addition, our web servers are housed behind a secure firewall that prevents access to our databases by unauthorised users. All of our servers are housed in a secure environment with high levels of physical security. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site: any transmission is at your risk. Once we have received your information, we will handle it in accordance with our usual practices.
Use of data processors
We are the data controller, data processors are third parties who provide elements of our service for us and we have contracts in place with them. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
To inform you about news, offers, and events you make like
We may send you marketing communications, if you have indicated that you are happy to receive these or have a legitimate business interest to promote our services and venues using marketing messages. For example when you have made an enquiry about a venue on the website. We will provide you with news from us such as venues that you may be interested in, or special offers that you may like. In addition, we may send you communications promoting our venues facilities and service. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list and is subject to change. We do not share your contact details and other personal data with other companies for marketing purposes, unless we have obtained your consent to do so. If you do not want to receive marketing communications from us, simply do not tick any of the boxes for email, telephone. You can also choose to opt out from receiving marketing communications at any time, by clicking on the relevant unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing related email you may receive from us.
Access to and amending your personal information
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove personal information you think is inaccurate by contacting us. You also have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. To do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 2453423.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
Links to other websites