Who we are
Academic Venue Solutions is a not-for-profit marketing consortium that promotes the meeting spaces and accommodation at academic venues.
What personal information do we collect and how we will use it?
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title, company details
- contact information including email address, telephone number,
- demographic information such as address postcode
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers, communication preferences
- computer or device information (e.g. your IP address and operating system)
- registration information, including your password and room and other expressed preferences
We may use your information for the following purposes
- Processing enquiry details, including correspondence between us and our venues where you use our 'enquire now’ form.
- Administration of our digital channels, including in respect of our registered users, who may also store a personal identification number online to easily access and apply room preferences and personal details when booking through our automated telephone service.
- Administration and management of our competitions, promotions and prize draws – you should check the applicable terms and conditions of the competition, promotion or prize draw for further information.
- Sending you communications about our member venues and our services that we think may be of interest to you. With your permission, we and our member venues will keep you informed of news and offers, and events;
- Business, website and consumer analysis and reporting.
- Where you book one of our venues, we may ask you to provide the more information. For example why booked a venue, the venue may ask you to provide further details such as address, job title.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data that you disclose online and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default. Where necessary, and in common with other websites and apps, we use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to ensure that personal information provided to us is not visible to anybody else when in transit between your computer and our servers. You can tell when SSL is in use by the presence of a small "padlock" symbol in the status bar of your web browser.
In addition, our web servers are housed behind a secure firewall that prevents access to our databases by unauthorised users. All of our servers are housed in a secure environment with high levels of physical security. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site: any transmission is at your risk. Once we have received your information, we will handle it in accordance with our usual practices.
To inform you about news and offers you make like
We may send you marketing communications, if you have indicated that you are happy to receive these, for example when you have made an enquiry about a venue on the website. We will provide you with news from us such as venues that you may be interested in, or special offers that you may like.
In addition, if you are happy to receive marketing communications, we may send you communications promoting our venues facilities and service. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list and is subject to change. Please note that we do not share your contact details and other personal data with other companies for marketing purposes, unless we have obtained your consent to do so.
If you do not want to receive marketing communications from us, simply do not tick any of the boxes for post, email, telephone. You can also choose to opt out from receiving marketing communications at any time, by clicking on the relevant unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing related email you may receive from us.
Access to and amending your personal information
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove personal information you think is inaccurate by contacting us. You also have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. To do so, please contact us.
Links to other websites