Manchester Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Metropolitan University offers innovative and flexible spaces for conferences, summer schools and residential summer groups.
The University prides itself on the integrated approach it takes to sustainability and social responsibility. It is the greenest University in the UK, and the conference team aim to build on this achievement to make your event as environmentally friendly as it can be.Enquire about this Venue
Manchester Metropolitan University has a wide array of venues to suit your conference, event or summer school:
- The Business School contains multiple tiered lecture theatres (largest capacity 250, can stream across 3 to 750 participants) a huge selection of breakout rooms in close proximity and exhibition space for up to 40 3mx2m stands across two atria.
- Brooks Building is the perfect venue for a collaborative conference or summer school. Beyond lecture and seminar room spaces, it also contains a multi-function sports hall, drama studio and large external plaza, all of which is perfect for an event which requires diverse spaces.
- One of two recent additions to the University building stock, Grosvenor East includes a full theatre and roof terrace overlooking All Saints Park as well as rehearsal spaces, the Northwest Poetry Library, multiple breakout rooms and a lecture theatre.
- The School of Digital Art (SODA) contains multiple hi-tech facilities and specialist studios. It is the perfect venue for smaller (100 max) conferences which need exhibition space with an emphasis on technical spaces such as TV and radio studios.
- During the summer, we also have access to 800 ensuite rooms, 500 of which are situated in the brand new Archway Hall of Residence, a stones throw away from Brooks Building.
All catering is provided by our in house team of chefs, with a strong emphasis on local produce and sustainability.
|Summary of facilities and capacities|
May - September
|Year round anytime|
|Theatre style (maximum)||280||280|
|Cabaret style (maximum)||120||60|
|Boardroom style (maximum)||30||30|
|Exhibition space (sq metres)||400||N/A|
|Banquets & formal dinner (maximum)||350||N/A|
|University style bedrooms (max)||800||N/A|
|Day delegate rates from||£41.50||N/A|
|Meeting room only rates from||£180.00||£180.00|
|B&B rates from||£36.25||N/A|
We are committed to promoting sustainable travel to help reduce our carbon footprint and contribute to the lowering of emissions.
The University is located in and around Oxford Rd in Manchester, which is a 10 minute walk from Oxford Rd Train Station and 15 from the city centre and Manchester Piccadilly Train Station.
Manchester Airport can be reached by bus, tram or train from stops within a 10 minute walk of the University and Manchester has a network of free city centre buses to make your connections as easy and sustainable as possible.
On site parking is available for loading and unloading, VIP’s, organisers and limited visitor parking.