London Imperial Venues, Imperial College London
Imperial Venues has worked with Visit Britain "WE'RE GOOD TO GO" and achieved the Industry Standard mark.
This means that its business has followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, has a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
Imperial Venues is one of London’s largest academic venues, with over 100 flexible event spaces in one central location in South Kensington. Spaces range from a Grade II Victorian townhouse with private garden to modern seminar rooms, classrooms and lecture theatres.
With such an array of venues, Imperial is suitable for a range of events including meetings, conferences, symposiums, dinners and drinks receptions.Enquire about this Venue
Imperial Venues have taken the necessary steps to protect against and prevent COVID-19 in their business and have received certification from an expert health and safety partner to ensure that they meet or exceed government criteria.
Working with Visit Britain “WE’RE GOOD TO GO” scheme they have acquire the Industry Standard mark means that its business has followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, a Risk Assessment is in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
Location and transport information
Ideally located in the heart of south Kensington, nestled alongside some of the capital’s most prestigious attractions including the Royal Albert Hall, Hyde Park, the V&A, Science and Natural History Museums.
South Kensington and Gloucester Road underground stations (Picadilly, Circle and District lines) are less than a ten-minute walk away, offering access to other areas of London and a direct route to Heathrow Airport.
|Summary of facilities and capacities|
Easter – March and April
Summer – Mid June, July, August and September
|Theatre style (maximum)||758|
|Cabaret style (maximum)||160|
|Boardroom style (maximum)||40|
|Exhibition space (sq metres)||570|
|Banquets & formal dinner (maximum)||350|
|University style bedrooms (max)||1900|
|Day delegate rates from||£55.00|
|Meeting room only rates from||£150.00|
|B&B rates from||£59.00|
Meeting and event spaces that inspire
Our South Kensington Campus is suitable for a variety of activities, to include: awards nights, private dining, exhibitions, product launches, team building, photography and filming - as well as uniquely equipped to handle sporting events.
- 170 Queen’s Gate: A Grade II listed townhouse with four stunning rooms and a private courtyard garden.
- The Sherfield Building: The Great Hall is the largest venue providing tiered seating for 758 and the exhibition space to 570 sqm. Queen’s Tower rooms are often used in conjunction and offer a contemporary space overlooking the Queen’s Lawn and Tower ideal for exhibitions, dinners and receptions for 620 guests. This room can also be separated into three smaller breakout spaces.
- The City and Guilds Building: A modern suite of ten meeting rooms for up to 65 delegates and lecture theatres. It also benefits from a dedicated mezzanine.
- Royal School of Mines: The third floor can be hired exclusively if required. The ground floor also boasts an impressive reception area with original staircase and period features; its entrance is conveniently accessible from Prince Consort Road.
Whatever the occasion, our central London venues are the perfect choice for your next event.
With a selection of high-quality services, Imperial Venues benefit from an offering of in-house services to help enhance your event and assist it in reaching its maximum potential.
- Accommodation: 1,900 single, twin and double bedrooms with either en-suite or shared bathroom facilities are available in Central London. Rooms can be offered on a self-catering or bed and breakfast basis. Additional catering can also be organised for groups.
- Catering: Menus have been carefully crafted to suit a range of tastes and budgets, but if you’re looking for something with a difference, the talented team of chefs can design a bespoke, mouth-watering and memorable menu for you.
- Audio-visual: An in-house facilities and dedicated staff can provide bespoke state of the art AV services to ensure your event runs successfully. Complimentary Sky cloud Wi-Fi is available across all venues.
- Event planning and management: The professional and friendly support team can help you organise and deliver your event
Imperial Venues have a growing selection of virtual tours. They welcome you to immerse yourself in our modern and historic venues spaces to explore cavernous auditoriums and cosy meeting spaces.
Imperial Venues, Imperial College London has published its Sustainability Strategy 2021-2026 Click Here for more information.
Our week-long training course held at Imperial College was a success, and we appreciated the help from Nadine in the Conferences and Events team from start to finish. She helped us to identify available suitable spaces that fit our event budget and requirements, and guided us through the planning and logistics in the lead up to the event to ensure all went smoothly. The catering team did a great job and were timely; the event duty staff were helpful and quick to respond; the flexible space allowed us to hold a practical skills training workshop.
Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences, University of Oxford