Reading Venue Reading
Situated just outside of Reading town centre. Offering year round conferencing facilities with a variety of seminar rooms, classrooms and lecture theatres for up to 400 delegates.
Venue Reading are ISO 9001 certificated priding themselves in dedication and commitment to service quality. Their aim is to ensure your event, whether large or small, is a complete success from start to finish.Enquire about this Venue
Location and transport information
Venue Reading is situated on the main University of Reading Whiteknights campus and is in a prime location for the south east of England with excellent transport links.
- Reading train station is a mainline station and is easily accessible from most locations in the UK. There are direct rail links from many major cities and routes through London.
- Regular bus services from Reading town and station, which operates 24 hours a day.
- Well connected to both Heathrow and Gatwick airport. Parking is available on campus but with such good transport links we encourage people to use public transport where possible.
|Summary of facilities and capacities|
January, March, April, June, July, August, September and December
|Year round anytime|
|Theatre style (maximum)||400||150|
|Cabaret style (maximum)||100||100|
|Exam style (maximum)||200||200|
|Boardroom style (maximum)||32||32|
|Exhibition space (sq metres)||468||468|
|Banquets & formal dinner (maximum)||350||350|
|Hotel style bedrooms (max)||36||36|
|University style bedrooms (max)||1000||N/A|
|Day delegate rates from||£46.00||£46.00|
|24HR rates from||£115.00||£115.00|
|Meeting room only rates from||£198.00||£198.00|
|B&B rates from||£61.00||£76.95|
Meeting and event spaces that inspire
Venue Reading has everything from traditional buildings rich in heritage to modern state-of-the-art meeting rooms. They can stage concerts in their magnificent Grade 2 listed Great Hall, clients can host dinners and functions, product launches, private parties and much more along with the use of their many bars and leisure outlets.
Venue Reading can offer all year round availability with a flexible range of capacities and facilities, including meeting rooms, lecture theatres and exhibition space, along with an extensive range of onsite accommodation from either their all year round cedars hotel to the halls of residence available during vacation. Beautiful parklands lend themselves to outdoor events such as, teambuilding away days and receptions, or to simply take time out of a busy day and enjoy a walk around The Harris Gardens and the lake.
TUCO awarded catering team provide exciting and fresh menu’s which will compliment your event whether it be delivered catering or a formal three course meal.
Day delegate package includes the below, however they can be tailored to suit your requirements:
- Dedicated event coordinator.
- Personalised signage for your event.
- Free wi-fi and internet access for every delegate.
- Suitable meeting room with full AV facilities plus flip chart, pad and pens.
- Unlimited tea, coffee, mineral water and biscuits.
- Sandwich lunch with fruit juice.
- Afternoon selection of cakes.
The main campus is set in 130 hectares of beautiful parkland, so you’ll find plenty of places to relax during the day. The site has received consecutive Green Flag awards, recognising it as one of Britain’s top green spaces. This campus has multiple meeting facilities housing our largest lecture theatre in the Palmer building seating 400 delegates.
London Road Campus
This historic site is one of the University’s original campuses. It also features the Great Hall, which is used for concerts and graduation ceremonies seating up to 350 delegates. The largest lecture theatre situated on this campus seats 137 delegates.