Salford University of Salford
From historic to futuristic, a range of facilities to suit every event. The University of Salford is an ideal location, which is easily accessible with a mainline railway station on campus.
- Creative spaces to hire at the MediaCityUK Campus.
- Over 1,300 high quality en suite bedrooms in the Peel Park Quarter.
- Concert Halls, meeting rooms, lecture theatres and classrooms.
- Location filming opportunities.
Location and transport information
Situated just 2km from Manchester city centre, Salford Crescent railway station is on campus and has a frequent service from all Manchester stations which takes under ten minutes. Trains from Manchester International Airport run hourly and take 30 minutes. Car parking is available and there are a number of cycle parks. More information is available here.
Our campus at MediaCityUK is best accessed by tram which run every six minutes from Manchester Piccadilly with just a 20 minute journey time. There are over 300 cycle bays and car parking is available. More information to get to MediaCityUK is available here.
|Summary of facilities and capacities|
January, April, May, June, July, August and September
|Year round anytime|
|Theatre style (maximum)||1000||1000|
|Cabaret style (maximum)||80||80|
|Exam style (maximum)||300||300|
|Boardroom style (maximum)||30||30|
|Exhibition space (sq metres)||367||367|
|University style bedrooms (max)||1300||1300|
|Day delegate rates from||£21.75||£21.75|
|24HR rates from||£55.75||£55.75|
|Meeting room only rates from||£100.00||£100.00|
|B&B rates from||£39.00||£39.00|
Meeting and event spaces that inspire
The University of Salford at MediaCityUK is at the heart of the UK’s media and digital industries with the BBC and ITV as neighbours.
- Broadcast standard video and audio facilities and the latest digital technology.
- Creative studio spaces for hire including industry standard HD TV studios.
- Green screen and radio studios for production and broadcast.
- Film interviews with your delegates or broadcast your event live, working with our students to support your project.
- Videos and images can be viewed here
Peel Park Campus
- New Adelphi & Chapman a 350 seat theatre with exhibition space. Together with Chapman’s six modern lecture theatres, it is the perfect location for large conferences.
- Peel Hall a 300 seat Victorian concert hall with nearby lecture theatres and classrooms.
- Maxwell Hall iconic concert hall that played host to cult bands such as The Smiths which seats up to 1,000. A lower hall which can be used as an exhibition area and nearby lecture theatres and classrooms.
- Meeting Rooms lecture theatres and classroom a large number of technically enabled meeting rooms, lecture theatres and classrooms.
Summer Accommodation at Peel Park Quarter
The brand new £81m luxury development is located in the heart of the campus, it’s ideal for residential conferences, sporting events and summer schools.
- Deluxe en suite bedrooms with access to a shared kitchen and lounge area.
- Communal areas including gym, cinema rooms, communal lounges fitted with Sky TV, the latest games consoles, pool tables, free 50MB wi-fi and cosy study areas.
- Laundry room with washers and dryers and 24 hour security.
- Access to our leisure centre with its swimming pool, spa, sauna, gym, sports courts and climbing wall.
Most of their buildings and outdoor areas are available for hire. These include a number of mid twentieth century buildings which regularly pop up in TV drama shows and our simulation suite which replicates a real hospital environment.
The service we received was excellent and the technical staff very helpful. I'm not sure I can think of any way you could improve your service.
Jan Hancock, BBC