London Celesta Venues, Imperial College London
Discover Celesta Venues, one of London’s largest academic venue. Located within the esteemed Imperial College London on both the South Kensington and North Acton campus, it offers an impressive array of flexible event spaces, making it the ideal choice for hosting your next residential conference, symposium, summer school and much more.
A range of on-campus accommodation options are also available to book including a variety of single, twin or double bedrooms in the 4-star campus rated Prince’s Gardens, Beit Hall, Kemp Porter and Woodward residences.
Meeting and event spaces that inspire
Enquire about this Venue
Location and transport information
Ideally located in the heart of south Kensington, nestled alongside some of the capital’s most prestigious attractions including the Royal Albert Hall, Hyde Park, the V&A, Science and Natural History Museums.
South Kensington and Gloucester Road underground stations (Picadilly, Circle and District lines) are less than a ten-minute walk away, offering access to other areas of London and a direct route to Heathrow Airport.
Our North Acton location also offers a variety of spaces from classrooms, to communal spaces, music rehearsal rooms and flexible teaching spaces, providing room for groups to learn and relax together. Our kitchens can also be transformed into classrooms and our dedicated team can arrange chairs, desks and whiteboards.
Located just two minutes from North Acton underground station, our venues provide excellent transport links to Imperial’s White City and South Kensington campuses, whilst Central London is just 20 minutes away via the Central Line.
|Summary of facilities and capacities
Easter – March and April
Summer – Mid June, July, August and September
|Theatre style (maximum)
|Cabaret style (maximum)
|Boardroom style (maximum)
|Exhibition space (sq metres)
|Banquets & formal dinner (maximum)
|University style bedrooms (max)
|Day delegate rates from
Meeting and event spaces that inspire
A selection of our most popular and unique event spaces include:
• Sherfield Building: The Great Hall is the largest venue providing tiered seating for 758 and the exhibition space to 570 sqm. Queen’s Tower rooms are often used in conjunction and offer a contemporary space overlooking the Queen’s Lawn and Tower ideal for exhibitions, dinners and receptions for 620 guests. This room can also be separated into three smaller breakout spaces.
• City and Guilds Building: A modern suite of ten meeting rooms for up to 65 delegates and lecture theatres. It also benefits from a dedicated mezzanine.
• Royal School of Mines: The third floor can be hired exclusively if required. The ground floor also boasts an impressive reception area with original staircase and period features; its entrance is conveniently accessible from Prince Consort Road.
• 170 Queen’s Gate: A Grade II listed townhouse with four stunning rooms and a private courtyard garden.
Celesta Venues benefits from an offering of in-house services including our dedicated and friendly support team available to help you organise and deliver a seamless and unforgettable event.
• Accommodation: 2,200 single, twin and double bedrooms with either en-suite or shared bathroom facilities are available in Central London. Rooms can be offered on a room only or bed and breakfast basis. Packed lunches and dinner counter meals can also be arranged.
• Catering: Menus have been carefully crafted to suit a range of tastes and budgets, but if you’re looking for something with a difference, the talented team of chefs can design a bespoke, mouth-watering and memorable menu for you.
• Audio-visual: An in-house facilities and dedicated staff can provide bespoke state of the art AV services to ensure your event runs successfully. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available across all venues.
• Event planning and management: Our dedicated and friendly support team at Celesta Venues is available to help you organise and deliver a seamless unforgettable event.
Celesta Venues have a growing selection of virtual tours. They welcome you to immerse yourself in our modern and historic venues spaces.
Our week-long training course held at Imperial College was a success, and we appreciated the help from Nadine in the Conferences and Events team from start to finish. She helped us to identify available suitable spaces that fit our event budget and requirements, and guided us through the planning and logistics in the lead up to the event to ensure all went smoothly. The catering team did a great job and were timely; the event duty staff were helpful and quick to respond; the flexible space allowed us to hold a practical skills training workshop.
Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences, University of Oxford