Visiting the Showcase is the perfect way to make your next event fit for success. Academic venues offer a huge choice of cutting-edge and historic event facilities, all over the UK and you can meet around 30 of them in March.
You can also set up one-to-one meetings with the key venues you want to meet, ensuring you get the most out of your time and don't miss the venues you want to connect with.
- Academic Venue Solutions TeamBook a meeting
- Conference AstonBook a meeting
- Conference HertfordshireBook a meeting
- Conference OxfordBook a meeting
- Cornwall PlusBook a meeting
- Event ExeterBook a meeting
- Glasgow Caledonian UniversityBook a meeting
- Imago VenuesBook a meeting
- Keele University Events and ConferencingBook a meeting
- Lancaster Conferences +Book a meeting
- Leicester ConferencesBook a meeting
- MEETinLEEDS at the University of LeedsBook a meeting
- Northumbria UniversityBook a meeting
- Nottingham ConferencesBook a meeting
- Queen Mary University of LondonBook a meeting
- Roehampton VenuesBook a meeting
- Royal Agricultural UniversityBook a meeting
- Royal College of Physicians of EdinburghBook a meeting
- Royal HollowayBook a meeting
- Senate House, University of LondonBook a meeting
- The University of LiverpoolBook a meeting
- The University of ManchesterBook a meeting
- The Wesley Book a meeting
- UCL – University College LondonBook a meeting
- Unique Venues BirminghamBook a meeting
- University of BirminghamBook a meeting
- University of East LondonBook a meeting
- University of NorthumbriaBook a meeting
- University of PortsmouthBook a meeting
- University of SalfordBook a meeting
- University of St AndrewsBook a meeting
- University of WolverhamptonBook a meeting
- Venue Reading & Henley ConferencesBook a meeting
- Warwick ConferencesBook a meeting
Get ready for the most practical and fun programme yet.
9am – 10am - Delegate Registration
9am – 3pm - Networking with over 30 Academic Venues plus workshops and speakers
9.45am - Seminar: The Happiness of Being You with Danny Bent, Little Red Shorts Ltd
10.45am - Seminar: Creating a Social Buzz with Verity Wilkie and Alison Curryer, IMC Pro Solutions
11.45am - Seminar: What sustainability means for the event industry, Heather Lishman, ABPCO
12.30pm – 2pm - Informal 'rolling' buffet lunch in the Macmillan Hall
12.45pm - Seminar: Maximise your Time: Using the 888 Formula to improve your work/life balance, Abigail Barnes, Success by Design
1.45pm - Seminar: Harness the 5 senses to make events more productive and engaging with Dr Rob Davidson, MICE Knowledge
2.45pm - Prize draw
3pm - Event finishes
More about our speakers:
Danny Bent, Little Red Shorts Ltd
Danny Bent was voted one of the 100 happiest people in the UK, and one of the 50 most inspirational people in London. He is an award-winning author and journalist, Guinness World Record holder, and celebrated adventurer and community leader. Motivating people to be the best version of themselves is Danny’s passion and trade. Encouraging them to do more, give more and live more. Living dreams, facing fears, and loving themselves, others and life with abandon are his tool kit.
Verity Wilkie and Alison Curryer, IMC Pro Solutions
IMC Pro Solutions is an award-winning social media agency offering a unique and tailor-made solution to the business community. Creating fresh, fun and relevant content, helping businesses to thrive through the elevation of their online profile.
Known as the #girlsinpink, Verity and Alison bring a real energy to social media account management, Training, Coaching & Public Speaking, providing practical tips and advice that help you create a buzz.
Heather Lishman, ABPCO:
Heather will look at the broader impacts within an economic, social and environmental framework and consider how event professionals can ensure that they do not compromise the needs of future generations.
The Association of British Professional Conference Organisers (ABPCO) is a dedicated industry association representing professional conference organisers. Its mission is to develop and enhance the status of conference and event organisers and increase the recognition given to its members.
Abigail Barnes, Success by Design:
Abigail Barnes is the founder of Success by Design Training, an award-winning entrepreneur, author, speaker and corporate trainer on time management and holistic productivity. She is a qualified coach and creator of the renowned 888 Formula.
Success by Design Training is on a mission to help 1 million individuals get better work/life balance by 2025. Working with ambitious professionals and visionary organisations that want to improve their productivity & wellbeing.
Dr Rob Davidson, MICE Knowledge:
Rob's main areas of expertise are conferences and business travel, and over the last fifteen years he has written widely on these themes. In addition to writing books, he regularly writes articles for the professional business travel and tourism press, including Conference News.
He is regularly invited to speak at international conferences on themes linked to business tourism. Since 2002, Rob has been employed on a consultancy basis as Industry Analyst by Reed Travel Exhibitions, for whom he carries out ongoing research. At IBTM World in Barcelona each year, he launches his annual report, Trends Watch, on trends in the meetings and business travel industry worldwide.
For the past 5 years, he has been included in Conference & Incentive Travel magazine’s ‘Power 50’ – the 50 most influential people in the UK conference industry.
Where it's taking place
The Academic Venue Showcase 2020 will be held at Senate House, University of London, Malet Street, London on Thursday 26 March 2020. The venue is easily accessible by tube, rail and road, offering a city centre location to host this unique event.
The timeless elegance of Senate House is complemented by exceptional event facilities with spacious meeting and event spaces, making it the perfect partner for our 2020 AVS Showcase. The day provides delegates the opportunity to network with over 30 of the UK’s finest academic venues, along with a series of workshops and seminars suited to meeting and event planners.