The global outbreak of Covid-19 has had a significant impact on how we will meet in the near future. At the outset, Academic Venue Solutions member venues response to this crisis was one of protection and togetherness, ensuring that the health, safety and wellbeing of our delegates and teams remained the number one priority, and that all our venues were secure and well-maintained, ready for when delegate could safely return. We know that the criteria for booking your next event is likely to have changed, and when choosing one of our Academic Venue members, we can assure you that your priorities regarding social space, cleanliness, care and enjoyment are also at the top of their priority list. We take this responsibility very seriously and as such, we are working with Visit Britain on their “WE’RE GOOD TO GO” scheme.
Many of our venues have taken the necessary steps to protect against and prevent COVID-19 in their business and have received certification from an expert health and safety partner to ensure that they meet or exceed government criteria. Working with Visit Britain “WE’RE GOOD TO GO” scheme they will acquire the Industry Standard mark means that its business has followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, has a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
Industry Standard includes some of the following:
- Following the Government and Public Health guidance document
- A Risk Assessment specifically related to Covid-19
- A nominated Health & Safety person responsible for checking, understanding and implementing relevant guidance to Covid-19 guidelines
- Training on new Covid-19 health and safety measure to all staff, full and part time
- Regular communication to all staff on changes to the business due to Covid-19
- Implementing frequent and regular cleaning to the business in line with Covid-19 guidelines.
- Defined numbers for all area of the business and clear marking, signage to maintain current social distancing measures
- Communication to visitors and guests on Covid-19 guidelines
- Hand-washing and hand-sanitising areas
For each venue that has completed the “WE’RE GOOD TO GO” scheme, we will highlight on their individual profile page information and the scheme logo, for your reference.
Academic Venue Solutions is the one stop shop for all the information you require regarding academic venues, for more information or if you would like some assistance with an enquiry please contact the experienced team at Academic Venue Solutions on our details above.
For all the latest information on Covid-19, please go to our News & Offers pages.